Sunday, February 7, 2010

COACHELLA !!!



Rockin' with the best (Laidback Luke),

So a little too much drinkin' and smokin' and not enough taking care of the body has resulted in an overall shittiness in well being and blog posting... boo, I know. So even though it's super late, I've decided to create a Coachella mega-post previewing all of the electronic artists (minus Erol Alkan and Major Lazer [WHO SUCK!]), so you can decide which ones to check out further and which ones you actually want to spend the time listening to during the day. Coachella is in our backyard in Indio, CA, and for anyone even sort of, partially, may be considering going... YOU SHOULD GO, end of story. Awesome line up, and why do you even need an excuse to spend three days raging and listening to some of the sweetest bands in the land? The answer is, you don't, so hope to see all y'all there!

>Friday - April 16, 2010

I personally don't listen to alot of LCD Soundsystem (the musical project of producer James Murphy and is a mix of dance, punk & disco), but from what I've heard, I've liked and they are not as hard as the usual stuff I listen to but still enjoyable. Check 'em out.


Joel Zimmerman a.k.a. Deadmau5 is one of the most amazing DJs/producers/musicians I have had the pleasure to see and everything he touches turns into electro-house gold. If you have a chance I would highly recommend seeing him. Life changing.

Italian Benny Bennasi is a electronic music godfather and has been pumping out electro house magic for years. I've seen him once and wasn't disappointed, and I'm excited to see how his set is going to be.


>Saturday - April 17, 2010

Tiesto IS techno. More people know him than the genre itself and this trance GOD doesn't need much introduction or explanation. I'm going to be there for sure.
David Guetta is a little bit more pop and dance than I really like in my electronic music but he still gets the girls moving and that's always a positive in my book. Peep his ish.
Kaskade is the epitome of house music and both times I have seen him he has been amazing. Some of the best live mixing I have heard and you can't help but dance when he gets on stage.
Electronic music legend Soulwax, has a side DJ group, 2manydjs, which is just two of the members of Soulwax who do live sets and remixes. Soulwax is awesome, thus 2manydjs is awesome. Can't wait to see them live.
Dirty South is a Serbian DJ who resides in Australia and plays some great house music. See what you think of these remixes of his.
Bassnectar is wobbley awesomeness and these guys make the speakers CRUNCH. I saw him at Lollapalooza and the entire crowd was waving with the wobble he was blasting, crazy experience, can't wait for round two.
>Sunday - April 18, 2010

Psychadelic trance/dance group, Infected Mushroom, hails from Israel and these guys rock. Hard. Crazy sounds and truly an audio journey through electronica. Pretty stoked to see these guys for the first time.
Club 75 is a DJ supergroup. Ed Banger label DJs, Justice, Busy P [Justice's manager] & DJ Medhi + Cassius = Club 75. Justice is incredible, absolutely incredible and I'm excited to see the other DJs and which songs these choose to play and how they interact on stage.
The Glitch Mob is 4 dudes on tables and comps spinning some nasty ass tunes and remixes. Their experimental style combines underground hip hop elements with an aggressive electro sound. These remixes are especially dank.
This British bastid named Rusko is probably one of my favorite DJs right now and he's blowing up on the scene. With his supersonic womp and face melting wobble, Rusko is blazing his shows with a relentless bass assault and I can't wait to have my spine broke and neck snapped during this wobblefest.
20thetruth

No comments:

Post a Comment