Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why Crookers, Why?



I want your soul (Armand Van Helden),

So is it just me or does anyone else in the electronic music blogosphere or fans who think that Crookers' album Tons of Friends is going to be wiggity-wiggity-whack? I mean don't get me wrong, I will be one of the loudest proponents of Crookers and their original works and remixes they have produced. However, while listening to some leaked tracks off Tons of Friends it seems as if they've taken everything that makes them good and thrown it straight down the trash chute for this album, and instead, have decided to take the most pop and sell-out approach in making an album where they provide the instrumentals and have countless other vocalists sing over their beats (to be more exact they provide semi-decent electro house beats over some repetitive ass vocals).

I loved "sbombers", "knobbers", "what up yall", "we love animals", and their countless sick remixes (Thunderstruck, Salmon Dance, Summertime, Business Man, Day n Nite, etc.) So someone in this vast world of ours PLEASE tell me what the hell these Italians are thinking and tell them to release an album full of fidget house anthems like "we love animals". Maybe I'm the one on the crazy pills and their new stuff is amazing and I just can't see it, either way take a listen and tell me what y'all think.

Crookers - Transilvania ft. Steed Lord
Crookers - Cooler Couler ft. Yelle
Crookers - Remedy ft. Miike Snow
Crookers - Jump Up ft. Major Lazer, Leftside and Supahypa

Even the usually oustanding Miike Snow failed to sound ethusiastic on this track. And Major Lazer SUCKS so I hated Jump Up before I even heard it.

Peace,
20thetruth

No comments:

Post a Comment