Tuesday, March 23, 2010

City's tight with PRETTY LIGHTS.



Another week another dollar,

This is one of the posts where I get real condescending and tell you to immediately listen to Pretty Lights and call you a loser who lives under a rock if you haven't heard. Pretty Lights is the creation of Derek Vincent Smith and drummer Cory Eberhard, and these guys womp out every show they go to. I first heard them from my homie Bluntmann who's from Colorado, and lo and behold so is Pretty Lights. It's hard to really describe their sound... they cover so many bases, but I guess if I had to verbalize their music it would be glitchy-electro-hip-hop with wompy synths that sprinkle in vintage/soul samples. (Elaborate I know, and my constant usage of the words womp and wobble don't help). Either way, these guys are A-MA-ZiiiNG and you MUST check them out. If you don't, kill yourself.

Pretty Lights - Hot Like Sauce
Pretty Lights - More Important Than Michael Jordan
Pretty Lights - Can't Stop Me Now

[Just right-click the song titles and click "Save Link As" to directly download the mp3s]

PS: Pretty Lights is one of the rare artists who has fully embraced the internet and file sharing revolution and has all of his songs up for download off his site, prettylightsmusic.com.

Peace,
20thetruth

No comments:

Post a Comment