Thursday, March 11, 2010

Who Loves Random Remixes? Everyone. Duh. (4)



Love your enemy (Birdy Nam Nam),

It's Thursday, and yes it's also Spring Break; time to get debaucherous. I'm going to be gettin' my drank on in Lake Havasu, AZ, hope y'all have a great break too. And today we have yet another installment of everyone's favorite post, Who Loves Random Remixes? This week we got some awesome artists and even better remixes.

Kaskade & Deadmau5 released several songs together and each one was just pure electro-house bliss. Their song Move for Me remixed by Santiago & Bushido morphs the original ambient bliss of it into some fast paced dancing mania. Awesome drop beeteedubs.

Kaskade & Deadmau5 - Move for Me (Santiago & Bushido Remix)

Miike Snow is a huge breakout band of 2009 and these Swedes get down. Awesome alternative band that flawlessly blends electroctronic dance aspects into their music. Definitely recommend all of you to check out their self titled debut album. Redial is a DJ who has pumping out some massive remixes, and this one of Silvia (my favorite song of their album) just enhances an already great song.

Miike Snow - Silvia (Redial Remix)

I don't personally listen to a lot of Massive Attack but I do love Zeds Dead... these guys are just simply massive. Every song and remix they seem to put out just have an even bigger and heavier sound than the last one and this remix sure doesn't disappoint with some serious squelch.

Massive Attack - Paradice Circus (Zeds Dead Remix)

Oh, Crookers, I love you guys so much but I really think your album sucks... no hard feelings though, I'll keep listening to your pure electro shit. This song is why I love them, remixing Secret Handshake's Summer of 98, Crookers put their signature hard electro fidget house sound on it to make this song into an absolute banger.

Secret Handshake - Summer of 98 (Crookers Remix)

Thee Bloody Beetroots are probably right behind Deadmau5 for my favorite DJ spot. When I first heard these guys I instantly fell in love with their aggressive synth heavy sound. These guys get the party started and keep it goin' all day and all night. WARP was argueably 2009's biggest electronic song and it was remixed by everyone and their momma... but R3SET's remix is just too good of a chune to not check out. So peep it.

The Bloody Beetroots - Warp (R3SET Remix)

The XX
is one my favorite bands out right now and their self titled debut album is amazing. And I'm a maniac about dubstep so when I heard this remix I was in electro bliss. MartyParty sprinkles in a dash of dubstep that transforms the XX's Infinity into some hard steppin' grime.

The XX - Infinity (MartyParty Remix)

[Just right-click the song titles and click "Save Link As" to directly download the mp3s]

Peace,
20thetruth

No comments:

Post a Comment